Zoom is excited to announce availability and shipping dates for its smallest recorder to date, the new H1 Handy Recorder. Weighing in at about 2 oz, the H1 records big sound despite its tiny footprint and features the same studio-quality microphones as Zoom’s renowned H2 – the most popular handheld recorder in the world. The H1 is priced at just $99, making it one of the most affordable professional recording solutions available.
Like all Zoom recorders, the H1’s two onboard microphones are configured in an X/Y pattern, for stunning stereo imaging depth and clarity. The pocket-sized H1 delivers crystal clear 24-bit/96 kHz stereo recordings perfect for music, interviews, lectures, recitals, band practice and more.
“It’s our smallest recorder ever,” said Mark Wilder, Director of Marketing. “But don’t let its size fool you. The H1 Handy Recorder features our studio-quality microphones and our award winning recording technology at a very affordable price.”
The H1 is also the easiest Zoom recorder to use, sporting a newly designed user interface that places all its functions at the touch of a button. Zoom included access to the track marker, auto record, low cut filter, level and volume controls with onboard buttons and no menus.
The H1 can accommodate up to 32GB microSDHC memory cards, providing over 50 hours of recording time. The new pocket sized recorder is powered by a single AA size battery, which provides up to 10 hours or continuous operation. H1 users can purchase an H1 accessory kit for just $24.99 that includes a windscreen, AC adapter (USB type), USB cable, adjustable tripod stand, soft carrying pouch and mic clip adapter.
The Zoom H1 Handy Recorder will be available everywhere on July 30 for $99.
• Stereo X/Y mic configuration captures perfect stereo images
• Same frequency and SPL handling as popular Zoom H2
• Records WAV 96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
• Records MP3 from 48 to 320kbps for maximum recording time
• USB 2.0 port and integrated reference speaker built-in
• One AA size (LR6) battery - 10 hours operation
• Includes 2GB microSD memory card and AA battery
• Accommodates up to 32GB microSD memory cards
• Auto record level setting
• Track marker function
• Low cut filter
• 1/8” external mic input
• Stereo 1/8” line output
• Built-in mounting joint for tripod and mic stand mounting