DJs will soon have access to unlimited downloads and offline storage, as well as streaming in Serato DJ in partnership with Pulselocker.
DJs will soon have access to unlimited downloads and offline storage, as well as streaming in Serato DJ in partnership with Pulselocker. This integration will soon allow DJs with a Pulselocker Pro account to search, stream and store an unlimited number of tracks from the Pulselocker catalogue offline in Serato DJ.
Pulselocker is unique as it’s not only a full streaming service but allows unlimited offline storage for DJs to hold Pulselocker music and play it back, without being connected to the internet. With a library of around 44 million tracks from around 500,000 labels as well as public performance rights, Pulselocker is a great option for DJs wanting flexibility in their music.
Pulselocker support will be available in Serato DJ 1.9, a forthcoming update.
Pulselocker’s CEO, Ben Harris says: “The concept is simple; sign up for a Pulselocker account and discover, listen, organize and play with our entire catalogue of music within Serato DJ. With the unprecedented capabilities of Pulselocker such as unlimited offline storage, we look forward to seeing this integrated tightly into the Serato DJ software.”
Serato CEO, AJ Bertenshaw says: “At Serato, we always try to carefully choose each feature to be aimed at the professional DJ. When it came to connecting to a subscription music service, we wanted to make sure our offering was the very best available. With unlimited offline storage, and a deep catalog of music pulled from an incredible range of independent and major labels, we believe Pulselocker is the ideal choice for the working DJ.”
Watch an archive of the #SeratoADE press conference from Amsterdam Dance Event for more info on what this means for DJs, a short demo and Q/A with the Serato & Pulselocker teams: https://serato.com/ade2015
SERATO DJ PULSELOCKER INTEGRATION
- Easily manage your Pulselocker account within Serato DJ.
- Access your Pulselocker music and playlists on any computer by logging in through Serato DJ.
- Display Pulselocker music and playlists in Serato DJ.
- Store an unlimited number of Pulselocker tracks offline and make these available for playback when not connected to the internet.
- Manage your Pulselocker library and store files for offline use without leaving Serato DJ.
- Use the standard Serato DJ search bar to search both music in your local library AND from the Pulselocker catalogue.
- Load and play Pulselocker music from playlists or search results to Serato DJ Virtual Decks.
- Tracks will cache the first 30 seconds as quickly as possible for fast auditioning on the go.
- Easily see the status of Pulselocker music in the Serato DJ library with new status column icons identifying streaming, pending or stored music.
- Music is downloaded at 320kbps unless provided at lower quality (256kbps) by the label.
- Track Metadata is stored locally for played streaming tracks and analyzed offline music.
Learn more about Pulselocker integration in Serato DJ: https://serato.com/pulselocker