N.A.M.E. has made a major business decision to change the insurance carrier and broker for the membership. It seems that now that your association has grown, it has begun to attract larger carrier and brokers, with better programs and benefits.
N.A.M.E. has done extensive research before making a final decision. Effective September 1, 2005, the new insurance carrier is Great Midwest Insurance Company based in Houston, TX. Great Midwest is an A+ rated company specializing in programs for associations and organizations. Hilb, Rogal & Hobbs better known, as HRH Insurance will be the new broker. Ray Thomas, President of Great Midwest personally flew from Houston to meet with and discuss the needs and desires of members. HRH Insurance is the 7th largest insurance broker in the in the United States and is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange with over $1,000,000,000 in assets.
The most important information is the rate and coverage changes listed below.
· NO MORE SERVICE OR PROCESSING FEES
· NO MORE SURPLUS LINES INSURANCE TAX
· NO MORE SURCHARGE FOR ADDIONAL INSURED CERTIFICATES - AN UNLIMITED AMOUNT OF ADDIONAL INSURED CERTIFICATES MAY BE OBTAINED FOR FREE
The elimination of all of the above charges should basically reduce premiums by around 15%.
· RENTAL EQUIPMENT - You may now obtain coverage for any equipment that you may need to rent by simply emailing or faxing a list of rented equipment and the period of time you are renting it for
· PURCHASE OF NEW EQUIPMENT - You may now purchase new equipment without having to worry about calling the broker every time you buy something. If you have equipment coverage, you will be allowed to purchase up to 10% or $3000 of new equipment or whichever is less without having to call or notify the broker to add it to your inventory.
· HOME OFFICE COVERAGE - You now may obtain extended coverage for clients visiting you at your home. In the past, this coverage was only available if your business was in a commercial area such as a shopping center or office complex.
· BLANKET ADDITIONAL INSURED - You no longer will have to call in every time one of your halls or clients ask to be named as any additional insured. There will be a new form that you will fill out ONE TIME for the entire year.
· ONLINE SERVICE - All forms are now available online. All certificates can now be emailed to you unless you prefer regular mail.
· PERSONAL SERVICE - You may still call the N.A.M.E. office or the HRH office to handle your paperwork and or have your questions answered.
· PROCEDURES - All existing policies serviced by Commercial Brokerage Services will continue until your expiration date. You will then call the N.A.M.E. office to be converted to the new coverage.
We feel that this is a very important change in a positive direction and will do everything in our power to make the transition as smooth as possible for all members. As always, we are here to answer any questions you may have, 1-800-434-8274.
Comments on this page are closed.