The National Association Of Mobile Entertainers announced it’s seminar lineup today for “Building For The Future III”, which will be held at be held at the Ramada Inn Philadelphia Airport South in Essington, Pennsylvania on May 2nd - 4th, 2005
“We are excited for Building For The Future III. For another year, we are providing an educational conference that concentrates on the business of being a mobile disc jockey,” said Rob Peters, Director of Media Relations for the association. “Mobile DJs are realizing the importance of running their service as a business.”
This year’s keynote address will be from Alan Kovitz, a marketing consultant and educational speaker. Mr. Kovitz is the founding partner of “Elevations Unlimited”, an organization specializing in cutting edge human development to elevate potential, drive performance and enlighten humanity. His keynote address entitled: Develop a Killer ME Business will teach attendees how to plan for and get the type and size business that they want. In this fun and interactive session, Alan will help you develop your business and yourself for great results. Have the ME business and life that you have been dreaming of!
This year’s conference speakers will include topics on everything from sales, networking, to performance related issues. The seminar list will include:
- Scott Faver – “The Game Master” returns to Building For The Future with a variety of new games and icebreakers to improve interactive skills.
- Robb Smith – As N.A.M.E.’s Educational Director and Director of the Florida Academy of Mobile Entertainment, Robb will be presenting two sales seminars designed to bring your sales skills “up a notch”, including Advanced Sales Techniques and Sales Psychology.
- David Hanscom – Setting Up a Local DJ Association - “The How To & the Benefits of a local DJ Association”: If you have ever been interested in setting up or being part of a local DJ Association this seminar is for you. Learn from the Staff of the North Florida DJ Association helpful tools and hints on how to create and maintain a successful local DJ Association.
- Kal Kangur & Joe Staniszewski – "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life”: Has grandma fallen and can't get up? Most DJs and Entertainers are real pros when it comes to handling an audience. But what would you do if you were entertaining, and you were faced with a medical emergency? This presentation will cover the basics of safety, prevention of injuries to you and your clients, and dealing with medical emergencies. Join Kal and Joe in this highly informative presentation on caring for your audience.
- Rob Peters – Industry Networking Strategies: N.A.M.E.’s Director Of Media Relations will present a “hands on” seminar featuring networking techniques that can be used to develop relationships that can yield successful sales for your business.
- Marc Burgess – Marc’s seminar is perfect for those who are thinking about going multi-op. Marc will teach you how to do it successfully, and how some DJs limit their income by not considering expansion.
- Arnold Rahmin – Audiology: As in the past, we will have an audiologist on hand speaking about the ways to preserve your hearing on the job.
- John Hepner & Donna Armstrong – Accounting & Bookkeeping: John will be back again this year, discussing accounting issues affecting today’s mobile DJs.
- Paul Eisenberg – Attorney: Legal Ease for DJs: Paul will be discussing contract law, as well as other legal issues that could affect you on the job. Bring your legal questions to this seminar…it’s a very informative one!
- Brent Yaciw: Problems with Videographers: Brent's lecture echoes a sentiment he's said many times - but never heard. His experience as a DJ has given him an awareness of DJ needs - and his experience as a videographer has taught him why those needs are often ignored, and why many DJs are "not recommended" by videographers (and photographers). Learn specifics of why videographers do what they do, and why the dance floor doesn't need to be a battleground between wedding professionals with different needs.
- Scott Rosenberg – Website Ins & Outs: Learn how to maximize your website from Scott, President of WeDJ.com. Scott will show you how to receive more bang for your buck with your internet marketing.
We are in the process of finalizing a few more seminars. The final list and schedule will be released as soon as possible. Additionally, there will be an exhibit area, featuring 20 to 25 exhibitors showcasing equipment, accessories, services and more. And of course, plans are being made for evening activities. This truly is becoming THE business conference for the mobile DJ industry.
Registration for this three-day conference is just $119, until April 1st, 2005! For more information, including accommodation locations and rates, or to register, contact the National Association of Mobile Entertainers at 1-800-434-8274.
Comments on this page are closed.