Ultimix 100 will be released to subscribers on limited editon colored vinyl (4 records and 2 CDs) in about another week or so.
Ultimix 100 will be released to subscribers on limited editon colored vinyl (4 records and 2 CDs) in about another week or so.DJzone ahs been given the track listing and a few production notes for it's readers to browse through. It includes 14 tracks, 4 full-production remixes, 4 medleys.
1. Krazy In Luv-Beyonce f. Jay Z (130) Mark Roberts worked from the Junior mix and corrected the annoying first phrase that began on the wrong beat.
2. Mr. Vain Recall-Culture Beat (140) At Abfahrt request, Mark worked from various remixes that were exclusive to the U.S. market. Although there are two new singers (legal snafus with Tania Evans and Jay Supreme maybe?), the track has an up-to-date hard trance feel and will bring back memories of that summer in 1993 (geez, has it been that long?)
3. I'm In Heaven-Jason Nevins/Holly (125) Jim Thias has done another masterful edit that keeps the song flowing wonderfully. This song is getting major market attention and hopefully it will be Ultra's foray into mainstream.
4. Loneliness-Tomcraft (132) Another Ultra track that is gaining mainstream momentum. Stacy Mier did an edit and cut out all the annoying drop/weird structure problems. He also gave the song more of a straight ahead breaks feel.
5. Never Leave (Ulti-Remix from ac.)-Lumidee (128) DJ Volume (Stacy) gave this urban track a mainstream house feel but stayed true to the original production (handclaps and all).
6. Clocks-Coldplay (131) Dave Jackson worked from the original but his buddy Nieke van der Marel replayed some keyboard elements.
7. 'Supa' Dave's Pop Rocks Medley (81-110) Dave crafts a pop/modern rock medley of today's current fare that's not urban (is there such an animal anymore?) Artists include Michelle Branch, 3 Doors Down, Uncle Kracker, matchbox twenty, etc.
Intro (32-32) 81 bpm
Drift Away - Uncle Kracker
When I'm Gone - 3 Doors Down
Unwell - Matchbox 20
Are You Happy Now - Michelle Branch
Break 1 (32) 90 bpm
The Remedy - Jason Mraz
Your Body Is A Wonderland - John Mayer
Bring Me To Life - Evanescence
Headstrong - Trapt
Intuition - Jewel
Break 2 (32) 100 bpm
Stuck - Stacie Orrico
Like A Stone - Audioslave
She Hates Me - Puddle Of Mudd
8. The Dead Or Alive 'Evolution' Megamix- Dead Or Alive (130) To support their new full length greatest hits set, George Calle and Victor Bruno created an amazing 8 and a half minute megamix of vintage DOA. Tracks include Come Home With Me Baby, Something In My House, Brand New Lover, My Heart Goes Bang, Sex Drive, You Spin Me Round '03
9. Nighttime '03-Pretty Poison f. Jade Starling (132) We had such a positive response from our earlier redux of "Catch Me '03" that Jade wanted us to go back and rework another one of her freestyle classics. Stacy again went to task and created a Tomcraft/Rahoufer-ish production.
10. Morning Star-Cooler Kids (128) Mark Roberts edited the TP club and tribe-apella for a much more programable 6:00 version.
11. Turn Me Out '03-Kathy Brown (135) DJ Volume gives Kathy a straight on breakbeat production that is likely to be an out-of-the-box add to Florida airwaves like his recent Rockell, Pink, Ian Van Dahl reworks.
12. Brass In Pocket-Ultra Nate (130) The final full production on the issue was done exclusively for Ultimix by Chris "The Greek" Panaghi. This song which is now a top 10 Billboard dance record is given more mainstream tribal accessibility.
13. Rock-N-Roll All Nite (The Medley) (120-144) Mark puts his legendary medley stamp on yet another classic rock medley. Over 20 minutes of 70s-80s rock which pairs the bona fide legends with the legends of hair metal.
Intro - Acappella (32-32)
Hot Blooded - Foreigner
Cold Gin - Kiss
Flying High Again - Ozzy Osborne
I Hate Myself For LovinÕ You - Joan Jett
Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen
RockÕn Me - Steve Miller Band
Layla - Eric Clapton
Mama Told Me - Three Dog Night
Longtime - Boston
Turn Me Lose - Loverboy
Lick It Up - Kiss
Give Me All Your LovinÕ - ZZ Top
CanÕt Get Enough - Bad Company
Some Kind Of Wonderful - Grand Funk Railroad
Get It On - T. Rex
Firehouse - Kiss
Locomotion - Grand Funk Railroad
Dance The Night Away - Van Halen
Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions
Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top
Cat Scratch Fever - Ted Nugent
Some Like It Hot - Power Station
Stuck In The Middle With You - StealerÕs Wheel
Under My Thumb - The Rolling Stones
CrumblinÕ Down - John Cougar Mellencamp
Domino - Van Morrison
Your Love - Outfield
Say You Love Me - Fleetwood Mac
Do You Wanna Touch - Joan Jett
Calling Dr. Love - Kiss
Fantasy - Aldo Nova
Nothing But A Good Time - Poison
Double Vision - Foreigner
Dude Looks Like A Lady - Aerosmith
Everybody Wants You - Billy Squier
AinÕt That A Shame - Cheap Trick
Roxanne - The Police
Barracuda - Heart
Long Cool Woman - The Hollies
Your Really Got Me - Van Halen
RockÕn Roll All Nite - Kiss End - Fade 21:27
14. The 2002 Flashback Medley Part 2 (128-138) Our other medley maestro, Stacy Mier provides the sequal to the medley which was downtempo stuff from '02 (Ultimix 97). This time, it's all about progressive/tribal house and mainstream trance. If you are familar with his previous 2000 and 2001 medleys, you are in for a treat! One of his best!
Intro-Acappella (32-32) Addicted To Bass-Puretone
Work It (Ulti-Remix)-Missy Elliott
Love At First Sight-Kylie Minogue
Hella Good-No Doubt
A Little Less Conversation-Elvis VS. JXL
Safe From Harm-Narcotic Thrust
Shiny Disco Balls-Who Da Funk
Can't Get You Out Of My Head-Kylie Minogue
Family Portrait (Ulti-Remix)-Pink
They Say Vision-Res
You And Me (Feels So Good)-Pepper MaShay
I'm Alive-Jennifer Lopez
One Day In Your Life-Anastacia
I Got A Feelin'-Vicki Shepard
James Bond Theme-Oakenfold
Die Another Day-Madonna
Days Go By-Dirty Vegas
You're Not Alone-ATB
Searchin'-Nicole J. McCloud
Will I-Ian Van Dahl
Take Me Away (Into The Night)-4 Strings
Something-Lasgo Heaven-DJ Sammy
Break 2 (32-32) 138 bpm 17:32