Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division today announced its next generation DDJ-WeGO2 ultra-compact DJ controller
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division today announced its next generation DDJ-WeGO2 ultra-compact DJ controller that makes it easy to learn DJing essentials by providing users with a simple means of creating cool and unique mixes with their own music collections. Like its predecessor, the DDJ-WeGO2 offers advanced but easy to use functions and features that make the art of DJing fun and simple including Jog FX, Pulse Control, multi-color LED illumination, Virtual DJ™ Limited Edition DJ software for Windows® and Mac, and additional support for other DJ software such as Algoriddim’s djay®. The DDJ-WeGO2 adds quick connection with iPhone 5 and iPad using only the included Pioneer cable with Lightning connector1, and a Multi-purpose Grip that makes the controller easy to carry as well providing a convenient stand for compatible iOS devices.
The DDJ-WeGO2 will be available in white, black and red to complement the user’s taste, with each color option now covering the entire controller body. The DDJ-WeGO2 colors also match the popular line of HDJ-500 DJ headphones. The controller features multi-color LED backlighting for the Jog wheel and a color-customizable user interface for the included software.
“For everyone who has daydreamed about being a DJ, the new DDJ-WeGO2 offers a cost effective solution to make their dreams a reality until they get more experience and ready to invest in more professional Pioneer DJ equipment,” said David Arevalo, director of marketing, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.
DJ Performance Made Easy
The DDJ-WeGO2 utilizes visual prompts and audio cues, built-in effects and other features, and includes accessories to make DJ performances effortless.
· iPhone and iPad Cable (included) – The Pioneer cable with Lightning connector enables quick connection of the unit to an iPhone 5 or iPad, while the “djay 22” application provides instantaneous access and playback of music stored in compatible iOS devices.
· Jog FX – Allows users to combine multiple effects and control them simultaneously using the Jog wheel.
· Pulse Control – Provides users with visual prompts with a variety of colored lights on the Jog platters:
o Mix Pulse – Lights around the Jog wheel show the beat of the tracks in play. The intensity of the lights is reduced as the beats go out of sync, giving novices a visual aid to beat matching.
o Launch Pulse – Triggers a red light on the Jog wheel to signify that music has been loaded successfully.
o FX Pulse – The effect being applied to the currently playing song will be heard and represented visually via the light movements on the Jog wheel.
· DJ Software – The DDJ-WeGO2 is bundled with the “Virtual DJ Limited Edition” software by Atomix Productions (for Windows or Mac) that offers a broad range of functions for mixing songs, including making loops and creating samples, and mixing up to four channels for unlimited user creativity and mixes. The DDJ-WeGO2 has the ability to support other DJ software including Algoriddim djay and djay LE.3
· USB Power – The DDJ-WeGO uses power from USB connections found on most computers, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
· Multi-purpose Grip - The controller features a convenient dual purpose grip for transporting the unit as well as functioning as a stand for a connected iPhone 5 or iPad device.
· Other features
o Built-in audio ports for high quality sound input and output.
o Built-in sound card for expanded music storage and portability.
o Compact (14.9” x 8.2” x 2.5”) and weighs less than four pounds (without stand) for easy transportation.
The ultra compact DDJ-WeGO2 will be available in October 2013 with a suggested retail price of $429.