Alesis, the world’s leading manufacturer of professional audio equipment and studio electronics, is proud to introduce ProTrack, the world’s first professional handheld digital stereo recorder for iPod.
ProTrack provides convenient, direct-to-iPod stereo digital recording to iPod in a portable, handheld form factor. Users can capture live audio anywhere and anytime with their iPod or iPod nano. ProTrack’s smart design integrates the iPod into the recorder, with included sleds to securely mount supported iPod models to the recorder.
Two high-quality condenser microphones are built-in, fixed in XY stereo configuration for high quality field recording. ProTrack also offers users a pair of combination XLR - 1/4-inch inputs for connection for external microphones and line sources. When running on plug-in power using the included AC adapter, ProTrack supplies 48V phantom power so that it can power condenser microphones.
ProTrack’s exterior contains a Universal Dock for iPod, LED signal indicators, and controls for 48V phantom power, limiter, and volume. Four AAA alkaline batteries provide four to five hours of operation. A threaded mount is integrated for tabletop use on a camera tripod.
Key features of ProTrack include:
· Integrated iPod design
· Records to iPod (Classic or 5th Generation), or iPod nano (2nd or 3rd Generation)
· Professional connectors: two combination XLR - 1/4-inch inputs, 1/8-inch stereo output
· Supplies 48V phantom power to inputs when wall-powered
· Records 16-Bit, 44.1kHz or 22kHz stereo
· Two built-in condenser microphones for detailed recording
· Built-in microphones in XY configuration for optimum stereo image
· Switchable limiter ensures overload-free recordings even in unpredictable aural situations
· AC power adapter included
· Four AAA batteries provide up to five hours of operation
· Tripod stand mount for placing into ideal recording conditions
ProTrack is ideal for capturing sound effects, recitals, jam sessions, speeches, interviews, rehearsals, performances, meetings, lectures, notes-to-self, or any other audio material directly to iPod. It will be available from pro audio dealers Q8-2008